Sunday, July 31, 2005

"Inside Golf Travel"

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but one of the blogs I visit regularly to see if there's been a new post is that of my friend, Gordon Dalgleish.

Gordon's latest post (see it here) involves what he calls the "3 golden rules" for a service business. What are they?

(1) Set the customer's expectations clearly and thoroughly.
(2) Avoid the possibility for surprises.
(3) Respond swiftly when mistakes occur.

It's interesting that PerryGolf, Gordon's company, has codified these principles, but there's no question that this kind of thing - and that all service businesses - work better when the entire staff knows the rules when dealing with a customer.

It's no wonder PerryGolf is a leader - and command, I'm sure, some of the best margins - in the golf travel business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home