Sunday, March 13, 2005

Evolution - Introduction

Over the next several posts, I hope you'll indulge me as I lay out my thinking - and our thinking at BURRIS - about a transformation we are going through, one that gets us closer not only to what we really love doing, but also what we've found brands and companies need from us now. (It's more than they've asked for in the past.)

One of the questions I often ask now of my friends in corporate environments is "how": "How amidst all the travel and the meetings and the other demands on you, how do you ever get anything really substantive done?"

The answer is, most often, "I don't."

They don't have time to execute. They don't have time to monitor, to measure or to manage. They don't have time to brainstorm, innovate or collaborate. They don't have time to think.

(If I'm overstating the case, I apologize. If this doesn't describe you and your company, that's good.)

What BURRIS does more and more of - and what I truly enjoy - is help to identify the thorny marketing problems a company or brand faces, then facilitate and participate in a process that generates the kind of big ideas that can overcome those marketing problems.

That's what we "say" anyway, and in many, many cases that has been what we "do." Yet an effective transformation from being perceived as an "agency" (of "advertising" or "marketing") to a welcome and valuable resource for ideas, for rich thinking, well, that's not been so easy to effect.

Over the course of the next few posts, I'll address the evolution BURRIS is going through now. Your comments - your ideas - are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home