Friday, November 25, 2005

Peter Drucker 2

The holiday (Thanksgiving) weekend is a good one for me to catch up on my reading. Yesterday, while Betty prepared a small bird by applying a cool "coffee rub" and I diced and sliced onions and herbs for a mmmmm, mmmmm tasty oyster stuffing, I read John Byrne's long appreciation piece in BusinessWeek on Peter Drucker. (My earlier post about Drucker's passing is here.)

Rereading some of Drucker's most memorable "isms," I was reminded that people are what make an organization special, and I'm fortunate enough to have surrounded myself with a particularly talented and interesting group of people at BURRIS. It hasn't always been that way, but not for lack of trying. Chemistry is incredibly important among knowledge workers, and we have that. Don't confuse "chemistry," however, with peace, love and understanding. We don't always have those things. But our group is working incredibly well right now, both in terms of the quality of the ideas and - just as important - and the implementation of the communications that comes from the ideas.

Something else for me to remember this Thanksgiving...

I don't know: it must be a very good time for a customer to be working with us. What do you think about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home