Saturday, September 17, 2005

Starting over - Introduction

I have an upcoming meeting with a friend and prospect whom I'll try to convince to totally rebuild his business model.

It's just not working for his company to keep doing what they do the way they've been doing it. They're losing money, struggling with negative momentum, and not standing for anything that really matters to their better customers. And I believe the solution for them is to start over...or get out of the business altogether.

What would you do if you were starting your business now, starting fresh in today's marketplace, against today's competitors, with today's technology?

What market would you serve? What level of service would you offer? How would you price your offering? What guarantee would you offer? How would you insure customer satisfaction?

In my friend's case, his primary business concentrates on high income, high asset targets, and he enjoys a considerable loyalty from past customers. They come back to sell and buy again, again and again.

In the coming weeks I'll tell you more. If this prospect becomes a customer, I'll take you through their transformation. If I can't close the deal, then I'll let you know what I would have done if I were running his business.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home